Studio Owner, mom, dreamer
I'm a start-up girl. Always in search of a good project. I get excited by deadlines.
I've always loved yoga and movement, but I took my Yoga Teacher Training because I wanted to open a studio in our small community of Ashland, Wisconsin. At the time, there was no place for people to take regular drop-in yoga classes. I saw the need and started Ashland Yoga Studio in 2010, which then expanded to our current location at Spot Wellness in 2013. That first year we grew more than 300%.
I love teaching but I really love the behind the scenes work of running a successful studio. And I'm obsessed with finding ways to make my studio work FOR me, so I have more time to spend with my two active boys and my husband (who also owns his own business).
My educational background (Go Badgers) is in marketing, health communications and most recently social media as a way of engaging clients and fostering better community and loyalty (read: increased retention). I am a geek when it comes to client experience.
I am currently a MindBody Consultant in Training with Roxanne Borger and the MindBody University team of consultants.
I would love the opportunity to work with you, to create more flow and structure in your yoga or fitness studio business.
I offer a free 30 minute Get to Know each-other call to see if we're a good fit. Please fill out my Client Intake Form and I'll be in touch ASAP about setting up a time to chat.
Other random facts about me:
- I love to pull weeds. Especially after a good rain.
- I have always wanted to own chickens.
- I have never learned to like blue cheese or shrimp.
- I volunteer for my kids' School Garden regularly.
- I love to bike for transportation.
- I would rather pee outside than in a porta-potty.
- I love to travel but always miss my own bed.
- I'm happy to talk to complete strangers, much to the embarrassment of my older son.
- I have never learned how to do a cart wheel (so yes, inversions are VERY challenging for me).
- My motto on tough days: "Breathe".